Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The baby has landed!!!

Leila woke me up sometime between three and four in the morning and told me she was having contractions. I started to go back to sleep, contractions have come and gone all week, when I realized that she meant CONTRACTIONS! Luckily my Mom changed her flights and so didn't need to fly out of Chicago today so she drove Grandma to the airport and took care of the kids while Leila and I were at the hospital.

I won't describe any of the harrowing details of the process, but I will say thank goodness for Epidurals. Things went so much smoother after Leila wasn't completely overcome by pain.

The baby was born at 10:55 AM and weighed 7 lbs and 6 oz. She was bright eyed and awake, but quiet. It isn't 100% official yet, and I hope that I am not going out on a limb, but we are calling her Colleen Renée Gardunia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brian, Congratulations to you and your family on the new arrival.

Cheers,

Doug