Friday, June 19, 2009

"Girl" Gardunia

9 lbs 10 ounces - length - I am not sure.

Leila came in to be induced at 6 this morning. By the time we got everything filled out and questions answered it was after 8. They started her on a pitocin drip and by 11 she was having regular contractions. The doctor broke her water around noon and then leila had an epidural. She was born just after 1 PM. The epidural only numbed one side so Leila was not very happy for a little while, but it went fast.

She was big enough that her shoulders almost got stuck.

She already has double chins and chubby cheeks.

The biggest problem is that we don't have a name at all!

That and I left the digital camera sitting on my desk. Hey, it was 5 AM. I thought it was in the bag. I bought a disposable camera at the lobby, so none of the pictures will probably turn out.


For names we have considered:
Katherine - Kate? Marie
Carol
Erin
Rebecca - Becca
Sara Jane
Ann (Marie)
Chubbs {Double Bs for double the chins}
Alma
Evangeline (Evie)
Marie

7 comments:

Becca said...

Yay! Congratulations! Whoa--that's a big baby. You've got 9#5oz Brigham beat.

I vote Katherine, Erin, or, of course, Becca

Charlotte said...

Congrats! ...and I vote for Rebecca.

Anonymous said...

I like Ann Marie best, but I like Rebecca as second best. Congrats. I am excited for you, can't wait for the kids to see their cousins. It will be great.

Anna

Amanda said...

Congratulations, Brian and family!

How very exciting! I think you should stick with Girl Gardunia. Very original.

My vote is Rebecca: that's what I named my sister when I was 4 1/2 years old!

The best to you in this very special time.

Amanda

heathermommy said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations!! Just so you know we will not be imposing on you guys this weekend. But we would still love to come see you if Leila is feeling up to it. You can call us on Rick's cell 480-570-4313.

By the way. i am really partial to Evie!!! We love that name for our oldest. I wouldn't mind at all having another Evie that I know!

Tracy Loewer said...

Lots of great names. I vote for Sara Jane, and not just because our oldest is Kara Jane...I love those old-fashioned names like Ann, Rebecca and Evangeline. Whatever you guys pick, I'm sure it'll suit her!

Erin said...

I'm loving the Bryan 1st ward name suggestions! YOu guys are on to something!

Katherine - Kate? Marie - a total classic

Carol
Erin
Rebecca - Becca - these are all lovely & we could be fairy godmothers a la Sleeping Beauty. I want to be the one in the pink hat :)


Sara Jane

Ann (Marie) - I obviously named my daughter Anne, though I liked that extra "e" :)

Chubbs {Double Bs for double the chins}
Alma - this is the only one I'm not in love with though I once had a lovely student named Alma.

Evangeline (Evie) - I love love love Evangeline. Very pretty. The title of an awesome Matthew Sweet song too :)

Marie - Marie is a middle name to me. DOn't know why??? Maybe because it sounds good with some many other names.

Have fun choosing!