Thursday, January 05, 2012

Kate: my new yoga instructor


Kate telling me to put my heels to the floor. 

Last year when I went to Hawaii, I woke up at 4 in the morning in my hotel room and was bored flipping channels.  I was going to go for a run, but my hotel - long story- was in a warehouse district by the airport and the tattoo parlor was still open and I just didn't feel like it.  I ran across a yoga show, tried it that morning and felt great all day.  Sore in weird places, but good sore.

Kate showing me Down Dog

I decided that while I was there I would try to continue to wake up at that time so that I wouldn't want to stay up late when I got back.  Every day I woke up to yoga at 4:30, ate breakfast at 5:30 and out at dawn.  I haven't been terribly consistent about it since, but I really enjoyed it as a form of exersize.  I am not very coordinated or flexible, so it is pretty funny.

Oops, I am off track.  


Kate likes to go down and do exercizes with me.  She is actually quite good at them.  Much more flexible than I.


Caught back up. 

One of these days I would like to take a yoga class, but the idea of paying, going to a room full of people in stretchy pants, and doing it discourages me. My back and neck have never felt better though than when I am consistent about practicing.   

1 comment:

Bryana said...

The classes can be kind of awkward since they are full of people who take themselves way too seriously. The worst is the guy in too short of shorts.....ewwww. Still, it's fun and worth it for your body.